Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Edge of Tomorrow" Movie Review

Note: For those of you who don't like to read, scroll down to check out my sixty-second movie review on YouTube.

Tonight, I was able to attend a pre-screening of Tom Cruise's latest sci-fi action film, "Edge of Tomorrow."

I was actually at San Diego Comic Con, and terribly shocked when Tom Cruise walked on stage to talk on the panel of this film.  Can I just say how much I squeed when he did that, and he looked at me and winked.  Winked!


*feels special*

Anyway, I went into this film a bit skeptically, given my gigantic disappointment with the first two films to kick off the summer sucked balls for me.  No, really.

*Glares at "The Amazing Spider-Man 2"; Squints at "Godzilla"*


"Edge of Tomorrow" brings a butt-load of action, comedy, intrigue, and a smidge of romance to this time traveling flick, which is basically "Groundhog's Day" meets "Independence Day."  I'd classify this film as a sci-fi action thriller, layered with comedy.  It isn't straitlaced, but takes itself seriously at the same time.  I like the reasoning for time-travel here (and we do get a concrete reason).  Everything just works in it.  Everything.  I saw it in 3-D, a medium I'm terribly "meh" on, and even that worked!  I didn't feel like I was looking at a video game or anything.

Now, off with you to the movies!

Well in June.  This film shall be released June 6th.



No comments:

Post a Comment