Friday, June 14, 2013

Diary of a Fangirl: The Heat

If "Bridesmaids" and "Pineapple Express" had a baby, and that baby had a baby with "21 Jump Street," the end result would be "The Heat."

Don't dig the airbrushing.

I'm sure it's not the first strictly female buddy comedy, but I swear I can't think of another, which means it's either been too long, or hasn't been one that was relevant enough for mention.  But people, this is IT.

I have to be honest and say that I had low expectations going in, but was more than pleasantly surprised.  I laughed out loud; I laughed heartily; I laughed so much that my eyes leaked a little bit.

Bullock's Ashburn and McCarthy's Mullins are superb comedy gold.  Ladies, yes we can make a hilarious and fun buddy/sisterly bromance comedy thing.


Bullock portrays an FBI agent, and McCarthy is an officer--both ostracized in their fields for having boobs, pretty much.  Bullock is the nerd, and McCarthy is the aggressive one.  Stereotypical, sure, but there is nothing stereotypical about this film, I assure you.

This film drops June 28th, and I have to say, it's good for the Rogen/Franco camp that it wasn't released when their film was because man...I have a feeling that this film is funnier.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment