Sunday, April 21, 2013

Diary of a Fangirl: Jurassic Park 3D

I'm not a big 3D film person.  In fact, I utterly detest it.

Including "Jurassic Park" (and excluding virtual theme rides), I've only seen "Hugo" and "Avatar" in 3D.  I didn't feel it was necessary for "Hugo," and felt like I was in one of those video games at the arcade where you wear one of those helmets in "Avatar," but with "Jurassic Park..."

OMG, you guys, I LOVED EET!


I thought about as to why this might be, and the reason was in Spielberg's genius technology.  It's not the CGI of today folks, and making that film into 3D just enhanced the wonderful, beautiful and magnificently perfect film that it is (forget the sequels--they're...okay, but nothing to really write home about).  I got to see the cracks and crevices and ridges of those magnificent dinosaurs.  It made the film even more alive to me.  And I cannot tell you how happy I am that it was made in 1993 as opposed to today.  Spielberg, you mad genius...

I hope like hell he's at the helm for "Jurassic Park 4."


    

No comments:

Post a Comment