Friday, December 7, 2012

Diary of a Fangirl: Lincoln

Spielberg's "Lincoln" was a most excellent film.  I'm not sure what it was that I was expecting going into it, but it was a pleasant surprise.  The movie mostly focuses on the time in which President Lincoln had to deal with the war, and also his determination in the ratification of the thirteenth amendment.


Daniel Day Lewis gives a superb performance (shocker, I know), accompanied by Sally Field (who did not look too old to be his wife, since Day Lewis was in make up that aged him), Tommy Lee Jones (who was one of my favorite parts of the film), James Spader, Lee Pace, and others who I can't recall off the top of my head.

The film ran for about two and a half hours, but it was so well done and quickly paced, that one would not notice it.  So, if you have the time this weekend, I suggest you take a gander.  "Lincoln" is an entertaining and a history lesson, wrapped in an awesome acting and directorial bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment