Monday, November 19, 2012

Diary of a Fangirl: Hostess Twinkies and Zingers

So, it's pretty official--the Hostess company is going out of business.

I went to several stores and gas stations today (five, to be exact.  Five was my limit), and at the last one, I found no Twinkies, but a package of Hostess Zingers--like a Twinkie, but with a yellow, vanilla frosting on top.  After a workout, I took the zingers home, ate them, and kind of fell in love.

I enjoyed Twinkies as a child.  But I suppose I figured since they'd always be there, I never thought about them.  Just like Snickers or Krispy Kremes.  But now that they're on the brink of extinction, it kind of made me crazy an uber fangirl of the product.  I did find a couple of recipes online, however, so if the day comes when I get really bored and nostalgic, I'll just make some.

Here's to you, Twinkies.

No comments:

Post a Comment