Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Diary of a Fangirl: Seth MacFarlane

I've been meaning to write a Seth MacFarlane post for quite sometime now, and this morning presented the perfect opportunity.

Seth is funny, gorgeous, and has strangely perfect teeth.  I'm a total fan of his (though oddly, not of his hit show Family Guy, or those other two spin off shows).  I became fascinated with Seth when I saw him on an ep of Real Time with Bill Maher, and even more so after seeing him in person [twice] at San Diego Comic Con.  I also appreciated how he took insults from both South Park and The Simpsons fans in stride.



Oh right--the point of this post is because, Mr. MacFarlane will be hosting the 85th Academy Awards (broadcasting on February 24th on ABC), which is funny since he just came off of hosting The Charlie Sheen Roast on Comedy Central and Saturday Night Live (and he did a helluva job on those).  Seth's response to the news of hosting was, "My thoughts upon hearing the news were, one, I will do my utmost to live up to the high standards set forth by my predecessors (I take it he missed that year with Anne Hathaway and James Franco), and two, I hope they don't find out I hosted the Charlie Sheen roast."  Well, they did Seth, and they clearly loved it.


I will also add my un-fangirl moment involving Seth.  While waiting with a friend in a hotel lobby at SDCC, I had to run to the ladies room.  Upon my return, I was devastated to find out that I had just missed Seth walking through.


Omg, was I devastated...

ETA: More on the devastation front: He's currently dating Game of Thrones' Khaleesi/Emilia Clarke.  Wah.

    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment