Sunday, September 9, 2012

Diary of a Fangirl: MTV VMAs

Late last night, I decided to watch the VMAs.  What a colossal waste of time that was.


The host was Kevin Hart, who was un-funny, boring as hell and trying too hard (cause he was un-funny).  The talent for the evening was non-existent.  Even Green Day, who I love, was subpar.


I really don't understand this.  I remember when these things used to be fun and entertaining to watch.  Like when Chris Rock hosted (or even better, the Oscars, which they should mos def invite him back to...), or when Sarah Jessica Parker changed clothes like 25 times (or was that the MTV Movie Awards?).



The bottom line is, it sucked.  Royally.  And the only interesting moment wasn't in the program--the offstage Rhianna/Chris Brown embrace.

And why didn't Andy Samberg perform, or Chris Brown?  And why is Nicki Minaj so off-putting and creepy?  Being weird for the sake of weirdness or cause you're an attention whore isn't cool.  It isn't cool at all.


    

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill! Yeah, I can't tell you the last time I watched the VMA's. This year was no exception. I salute you for soldiering through it for the rest of us. By the way as a fellow writer from Chicago, I was wondering if I could interview you about your books and other work? If you're interested you can contact me at noelani@nomablack.com or through my website: nomablack.com Have a great evening! - Noelani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noelani,

    Absolutely! I'm sending you an email straight away ;)

    Cheers,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete