Sunday, September 30, 2012

Diary of a Fangirl: Looper

I've been waiting to see this movie for almost two years.

A school friend of mine knew Rian Johnson, and was on set at one point (jealous...).  Even read the script before it was shot.  She talked it up so much, I found myself enthralled before seeing any trailers.  And then the trailers just reinforced my eagerness to see it.

"Looper," ladies and gents, did not disappoint.


The world building was well done and believable.  The effects were great--not too much and not too little.  The acting was top notch.  I totally believed Gordon-Levitt and Willis playing the same character.  They tweaked Joe's gorgeous mug with a prosthetic nose, contacts, and I think they did something to his eyebrows to make him look like Willis, or Willis-like as it were.




There were twists and turns in the film with an ending I didn't see coming--not quite.  And what a helluva ride it was, watching the protagonist play that, as well as an antagonist.  Am I referring to the past version of Joe or his future self?  You'll have to watch to find out.


    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment