Saturday, June 30, 2012

Diary of a Fangirl: Amber Benson

In 2008, I was living in L.A. for a Columbia writing program at CBS studios.  One of our outings entailed going to the Writer's Guild of America to hear some speakers, and in the elevator, who did I run into of all people?

Amber!

She ran into the elevator with me and a few friends, just as the door was about to close, hair falling in front of her face.  I peered at her, realized who she was, and literally squeed.  It was the most left field moment ever for me, and I didn't expect to fangirl her so hard.  Yeah, Tara (the character she played on Buffy the Vampire Slayer) was cool and everything, but she wasn't necessarily one of my faves.  I don't know why I freaked out like that, but I did.  As that was my natural and knee jerk reaction, that must be how I felt deep down.  Anyway, she's cool as hell--one of the best people you could ever meet--and even posed for a picture:


I was even happier a few years later, when I got to give her an exclusive interview at Boston Comic Con!





    

No comments:

Post a Comment