Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Diary of a Fangirl: Super Mario

Alright guys--I want to show you just how broad my "squee" truely is.  This isn't fangirling or fanboying just a person or entity--it can also be a thing.  Like a character!  So please submit what you are most fannish about, whatever it may be.

My first character up is...

Super Mario!

Growing up, I fell in love with the Mario game.  My only reason for even wanting a Nintendo was for Mario.  Much to my dismay, I had the system, but instead of the game I wanted, my mom got me some Barbie in a mall video game...Needless to say, I ended up spending much of my time at my cousin's, playing on his system.

I remember a few years later, playing a battle game with him on a Super Nintendo, and he always had me as Luigi.  It was his game, so I couldn't say anything about the unfairness of not being Mario, but it was still so much fun.  I will love this game--the old school stuff--more than any new item that will ever come out.  I don't care how good the graphics may be--it's not about that.  It's about that wonderful throwback to a happy childhood.  And, I'll throw Mario 64 in there as well, but even that still isn't as good as my beloved Super Mario.


No comments:

Post a Comment